Inspiration :: The Great Gatsby

I recently finished F. Scott Fitzgerald's haunting novel - The Great Gatsby and must say I have become quite a fan of his writing.  The novel tells the story of the doomed romance between Jay Gatsby and Daisy Buchanan and some has said that the book illustrates the fallibility of the American dream.

It has been more than a week since I read the novel, but the characters of Jay and Daisy are as fresh in my mind as ever, and I actually got inspired to create a necklace based on the style of that time period.


 

+

Comments

  1. Hi Su!

    I love how books transport one into a different era. I've always loved those long, dangly necklaces. So elegant.
    Indeed, your necklace fits that time period perfectly. Another stunning creation that any lady then or now would be proud to wear.

    have a beautiful day,

    Duni

    p.s. I'm currently reading N. Hill's book Think and Grow Rich (emphasis on Think) :)
    I hope you enjoy Life of Pi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your creation is beautiful! i've always wanted to read this book and now im even more inspired to do so!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave comments. I appreciate every one of them!

Popular Posts